Sunday, December 27, 2009

End of the year thoughts

So, this past week with possibly the most amazing family ever. I felt so blessed this Christmas. I went home with the Steve and Sandy and their 3 bundles of joy. We had so much fun! My favorite part was the taps on my arm followed by "Miss Jasmine, it's 6 o'clock. We see a light on, can we go downstairs?" Made me laugh every time.
Wednesday morning was the start of it all. Danny had so much energy that morning it was as if he had drank a pot of coffee plus 3 Monster drinks. Steve and I kept telling him to calm down, but he was just bouncing off the walls...so funny to watch. We finished packing the car...and by we I mean Steve, and drove to Cleveland....fun times had by all! Once we got to Steve's parents' house, I left to begin my day of adventures. I started with a visit to my sister at work....she works at Starbucks in Barnes and Nobles book store. We had lunch together while she was on her break. I then went and visited my brother and took him his Christmas gift, which as it turns out, he threw away. Kinda makes me angry that I spent money on him. After that I went and picked up my winter coat from my mom's house. She wasn't home, so that made that alot easier. I then went to visit my grandpa, which was really great. I hadn't seen him since last Christmas. I spent over an hour just talking to him and telling him what's been going on in my life and hearing about the medical problems he has been having and what has been going on with the rest of my family.
After that I went to visit my step-dad and sister for a little bit. It was really great to see them! I love my sister so much! Then I went to see my other sisters at their job. They are waitresses at am Italian restaurant. I had dinner there so I could hang out with them. Then I went to my aunt's house for a couple hours to see her and my cousin. That was also a good time. We talked about alot of different things and what's been going on in my family while I have been away. It felt really great to be able to catch up with her. After I left her house I went to hang out with a friend. That was a good time. Then it was back to the Rieske house for the night.
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were spent with the Gants, which is Sandy's family. We had a lot of fun. Her mom even got my a couple Christmas presents. Then Steve's parents came over and his mom had gotten me something as well. Steve and Sandy also got me a couple gift certificates and some sugar-free candy(of which is half gone). Friday night I made the mistake of checking my Facebook, only to discover that my brother had let my mother write on my wall from his page, and they were not nice words. She also sent me a message from my sister's page, and at the time I was so pissed I deleted them both, thinking that they had both let her do this.
Luckily after speaking to my sister last night I found out that she had no idea. Which is very comforting.
Saturday we drove back to BG, and it was a very productive two and a half hour car ride with Steve and Sandy. We talked about all kinds of things, and of course Steve made me cry because that's what he does. Although, Sandy also made me cry, so I don't know what that means lol.
I am not packing for IndyCC. So excited to experience this!!! I am hearing that this week will be a wonderful experience and something that I will remember.
Look for a detailed account when I get back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment