Thursday, January 21, 2010

50 things I like about myself!

So, if you were my friend last school year, you know about this list. If not, you can experience the joy of it for the first time. So, it started off as me having to write 10 things that I liked about myself for my best friend Lauren and her now husband Nick. They felt that I said to many negative things about myself, and I needed to have some positive self-esteem.
Well, once my other friends found out about this list(because let's face it, things like that in the CRU community doesn't stay secret for long), every time I said something negative or insulting about myself I had to add 1 more thing to the list of things I like about myself. So, if you know me, you can guess how often I was adding things to this list.
Then, once I got to 35, it just became ridiculous. I was told by Steve that once I got to 50 I could stop. Sad to say that this assignment was given to me in April and by May I already had 50 things on my list. If I had kept going, I would probably be somewhere close to a thousand by now. I had forgotten where the list went for awhile, but I found it the other day while cleaning my room. Who knew you find things when you clean? Imagine that!
But anyway, so here is my list of 50 things that I like about myself...which P.S., is different than my happy list.
1)My hair
2)I am authoritative, not bossy
3)I am okay with being where I am. If I am having a bad day, I don't pretend otherwise.
4)I always like to see the good in people, even when they might not deserve it.
5)Good sport-I can take it as well as I can give it back
6)My laugh.
7)My sense of humor-I do not try to be funny and yet people still find me funny, which I think is even funnier.
8)My boobs-I used to not like them, because I felt they were always in the way. However, God gave them to me, so why not rejoice in that?
9)I am highly sociable. I like being around people and talking to them about their day, or whatever is bothering them, or what they might be happy about.
10)My eyes-since learning the right way to put make-up on to make them stand out, I have really come to like my eyes.
11)My love for my family.
12)My honesty. I try really hard not to lie because I don't want to be lied to, so I don't do it.
13)My faith-I try to put God into everything I do. My faith has gotten me through some pretty hard times, and still continues to get me through some pretty tough times.
14)I am becoming okay with not being perfect at everything. I have always thought that I had to be perfect at everything to be accepted.
15)I love how children are drawn to me, and like me, even when I don't feel I am being as "child friendly" as I can be
16)I am trustworthy. If someone tells me something, I will keep it to myself, unless told otherwise.
17)I am smart. I have always gotten good grades, and I enjoy being challenged.
18)I am dyslexic, but only with numbers....it's really weird.
19)I am very protective of my friends. I will always stand by them, even when they might be wrong, or might not deserve my support. It's always there.
20)I love my name. I picked it when I was adopted.
21)I am a really good cook and I love to cook!
22)I have compassion and empathy for others-I often try to help friends out when they are having a tough time emotionally or spiritually.
23)I am good at sports-football, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading-I did them all!
24)I will always put others before myself. If I can help someone out, even if it means me going without, I will.
25)My past-I don't like the things that have happened to me in my past, but I love how they have allowed me to become the person that I am.
26)God loves me! I love that God loves me no matter what!
27)Ambitious. I feel that I have always been incredibly ambitious, but never to the point of being dishonest to achieve my goals.
28)I never give up-if I feel that I can achieve something, I do not quit until I have accomplished the goal that I set out to accomplish.
29)I can't sing, and I don't care. I know that I don't have a very good voice, and yet I still love to blast the music and sing really loudly.
I love that I can quote almost any Disney movie from beginning to end. The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Aladdin can all be quoted by be from beginning to end.
31)I love that I don't know everything, and don't care that I don't know everything.
32)I am opinionated.
33)I am strong willed.
34)I love being tall.
35)I love NOT being THAT GIRL!
36)I am independent of others influences.
37)I am not arrogant.
38)I don't care about being "in fashion." I wear what is comfortable, not what is the newest off the rack.
39)I cry at random times....but always real and heartfelt tears.
40)I never regret anything I do.
41)My nose....it's my favorite part of my body.
42)That I can multi-task
43)My complete and total randomness!
44)I have no shame...I will say whatever I want, no matter who is around.
45)I smile when I am embarrassed. It keeps me from crying.
46)I love that I ramble when I talk.
47)I am a fountain of useless information.
48)Don't know how to play video games, but don't really want to learn either.
49)I like feeling girly, but don't want people to know that
50)I secretly want children, but am afraid that I can't have them.

There it is....I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment