Thursday, August 16, 2012

New Journeys and Old Memories

So, I officially moved back to Cleveland on Monday. I have so many mixed feelings about this. I miss Bowling Green so much. I have enjoyed spending time with my family, and I am looking forward to hanging out with my cousin and siblings this weekend, but it's still not the same as BG.

So, for those of you who don't know what is going on, let me catch you up really quick. In June I lost my job at the hospital. I was devastated. I loved my job. I began frantically searching for new work that could keep me in BG. But, I found nothing. I began expanding my search to areas around BG, and still couldn't find anything. It became clear that I wasn't going to find anything that was going to pay me what I needed to make and that was going to give me insurance. So, I made the hard decision to move back to Cleveland and to move in with my dad and step-mom, Gina.

I continued looking for a job even after I had made the decision, just in the event that something popped up last minute. I also heard of a job in Cleveland doing ministry work (which is exactly what I have wanted to do for the last four years). I went on a 5 day interview at Maggie's Place, which is a home for pregnant, unwed mothers. I was completely overwhelmed during the interview. It was 5 days of being watched, judged, and critiqued.

I returned back to BG and anxiously awaited a decision from Maggie's Place to tell me whether I got the job or not. I got a call a week later offering me a position in either Arizona or Cleveland. I was overwhelmed. I ultimately decided to stay in Cleveland, because that's where my family is, and given that I will only be making $350 per month, it didn't seem feasible to come back and visit home if I was all the way in AZ.

So, with a heavy heart, I said good-bye to the friends, family, and community that I have made in Bowling Green. I literally cried every single day before I moved back. I kept telling myself something would come up and I would be able to stay in BG, but that didn't happen. With that said, Monday afternoon I packed up my rental truck, said my final good byes and made the 2.5 hour trip from BG to Cleveland.

This is where my journey starts! Can't wait to share the next chapter of my life with you all!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you. I can't wait to hear and see what happens on this part of your journey.

    ReplyDelete