Thursday, March 14, 2013

Social Etiquette

So, there has to be something said for people's lack of social etiquette these days. Today, in the course of doing my work, someone asked me when I am due? Now, I understand that I work at a home for pregnant women, but I don't think that gives people the right to just blurt that question out. This isn't the first time that I have been asked that question.

No, I am not stick thin. Yes, I have a belly. Does that give people the right to make such ignorant remarks? I don't think so. It's interesting to me that the older generation complains about younger generations and how rude they are, but they are forgetting one thing. The younger generations were raised by the older generations that have a problem with us! Go figure.

I know this might not seem like a big deal, but I just find it ridiculous that people seem to think it's okay to say whatever is on their mind, no matter how offensive.

This is just some food for thought. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment