Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New life and new love

I have been meaning to post a new blog for quite awhile, it just never seemed to happen. Well, here goes. I am finally going to post one!

Well, to say that I am busy would be an understatement. Even though I am not taking classes this semester, I am super busy with life. Being involved in Women's Household, being involved with St. Tom's, being involved with CRU, being involved with Veritas, working 2 jobs, and trying to maintain a social life, sometimes I feel like there isn't enough of me to go around. I love everything that I do and all that I am involved with, but sometimes, I wish I could just learn to say no. It's such a simple task. 2 letters. Shouldn't be hard. But it is.

After a great conversation with a very wise friend today, I have decided that I need to spend more time being fed and not feeding others so much. "You can't give what you don't have." I think that is something that I need to strive more to remember. It is so much easier to worry about others around me then to have to focus on myself. This is a struggle that I am sure many people face. Remember, we need to provide for ourselves and nourish our spiritual well-being as much as our physical well-being.

I have seen the amazing and beautiful love that my friends have for me over these past few weeks. The grace that was shown to me by my dear friend Steve when I told him how I fell short of the promise I had made was so amazing I couldn't even look him in the eyes, for I felt so ashamed and unworthy of his grace and love. But, in the end, the love and grace was there all the same. The love that he and Sandy have for me is sometimes more than what I can handle, but I am so blessed and thankful.

I have also learned that looking for love is crazy. God sends love to us when we least expect it, and least need it. He sends it to us as a way to show us that he knows what is best for us. He sends it in all different ways. I thought for months that I should be with the guy I was crushing on. God showed me that our relationship was meant for friendship, and nothing more. God always knows better than us. Thank you God for showing me what your will is for me. Thank you for guarding my heart and loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment